Mitta on Starryland Mitta on Starryland

Rather easy

Now I don't write reviews all too often however I feel that since I am starting to make my own flash games that I might as well start sharing my opinion.

1) No by no means do I mean make the game real in every aspect however I feel you may want to think about your gravity value as jumping and falling we both rather slow which can put people off a game, especially when it comes to dodging enemies.

2) Make it clear that you have to actually dodge the things coming accross the screen. Also on some of the levels the enemy would kill you just after the start of the level as you havn't started moving. It also seemed they were on a continual loop...Using Math.random() along with + and * can add some variety to it as it is unknown where the enemy will come. You could even use something simple like Math.ceil(Math.random()*2) to make it come from either the right or the left (Math.ceil() making the number round up so 1 or 2 are the outcomes)

3) I use a desktop computer however did use a laptop for quite some time. Having the ability to choose to use AWSD or Arrow Keys is usually a vital component to games as it allows for players who are left handed or right handed without having to have hands crossing over each other.

4) Having levels that scolled as you went through the levels would be good or basically zooming in on the player a bit more.

5) Lastly you may want to take a quick look at your lives as it said I was on 0 all the way through the game.

Zelda Game BETA Zelda Game BETA

Beta??

NEVER submit anything that is no where near done. This is an almost definite BLAM submission. If you need it testing put it on NGAlpha.

X-HOC X-HOC

Great Game

Controls were a little hard to use...Especially at that speed.

But who the f*** designed those robots...They look like f***ing dicks

Mario Dash Mario Dash

Man I could do that for ages

I think I have WAY too much muscular endurance...I decided to quit at about 350 as my arm was getting a little limp.

Just in case you want proof that isn't a hack PM me and I'll send you a screenie.

Newgrounds Rank Grabber 3 Newgrounds Rank Grabber 3

Much better

It's much better now that you've increased the size of the images...But maybe a bit too big? Also the X2 bar seemed to completely disappear off screen at times. Do you actually test these games before you submit them?

Glad that you brought the X2 bar to the front though...makes it much better. I think there's just those two things you need to sort out now.

And why have you not replied to my PM?

Newgrounds Rank Grabber 2 Newgrounds Rank Grabber 2

Ummm...

I hate to say it but I think this is worse than the 1st one. x2 zone is still behind the blocks, and now with all those colors it makes everything too bright. It also doesn't game over you till about 5 blocks over the top line. I like it that you got rid of some of the ranks but personally I still think there's too many (8 of them) Also some of the colors you used looked VERY similar.

3 ways to improve this game
1) Don't make the screen too bright.
2) Make your blocks bigger (1 new block=2 old ones) so there are now only 12/13 on a row, and it makes them look better.
3) Bring the x2 bar to the front.

Newgrounds Rank Grabber Newgrounds Rank Grabber

Meeeh...

The blocks are way too distracting....And look absolutely horrible, and are way too small. You also have a big white line on the left and at the top where the background is meant to be...but isn't. You also have WAAAAY too many ranks there. Probably start with 3/4 of them, then every few 100 points add one in till there are 6/7. Then make the re spawn time go faster and faster.

The 2X score bar was a good idea...Until it went behind a full row. Then you don't know which it's on unless you only have one full row. Should probably add that the the front of the rows.

Smash People Smash People

Good game...

Lacking a little bit on the side of graphics but the idea is still there.

Also I have a way to fix your point accumulation problem. On the person, make a new BLANK keyframe, then make you AS make it go to that blank keyframe when it's been hit. That should stop it, that is if your person is a movie clip.

ZiggyZack99 responds:

well DUH it's a movieclip! thanks!

Ball Revamped :: Duo Ball Revamped :: Duo

Great

Excellent remake of an excellent game. Why did you think we'd be harsh, theis game is truly amazing for an 11year old.

There is just the one thing I don't like though...Be a little more imaginative with your levels. There just a little bit boring.

AsianSpark responds:

Someone is harsh, just scroll down and see what Michaelas10 said.
And yes, i know some levels are BORING.

Darkage Darkage

Wow....Me likee

Great game, hard because you can't out run the skeletons...And they seem to be able to see through the walls, but otherwise, well done.

bsilby responds:

Thanks for the feedback. Yes, the enemies do see thru the walls. The game was designed as a tribute to "Gauntlet" from 1986, and in that game they also could see through walls. Its kinda quirky, really.